Creating Your Legacy
Planned gifts provide creative and flexible solutions as you pursue your charitable and financial goals. Among the financial benefits you may receive are substantial tax savings. However, the greatest benefit is knowing that you are supporting work that is important to you, your community, and future generations.
Gifts for Today
- Qualified Endowment Credit – receive a reduction on taxes owed, up to $10,000 per year, by making a qualified charitable contribution to our endowment.
- Appreciated Stock and Securities – Receive the same income tax savings that you would if you wrote a check, but with the added benefit of eliminating capital gains on the transfer if you itemize.
- IRA Charitable Rollover/Qualified Charitable Distribution – If you are 70 1/2 or older, you can transfer up to $100,000 to an eligible charity tax free, even if you do not itemize your tax deductions. Your charitable contribution may satisfy your annual required minimum distribution.
- Other Ways to Give – Cash donations honoring the memory of a loved one or a special person in your life. Donations can be directed to our Endowment Fund or any other Foundation program.
Gifts for the Future
- Bequests in a Will or Trust: A simple and effective way to support the future of education is to leave a gift to the Foundation in your will or trust. You can state a dollar amount to be given or give a percentage that will automatically adjust along with the total value of property passing under the terms of your will.
- Gifts of Assets: Land and tangible personal property, life insurance policy, retirement plan assets.
- Other Planned Gift Options: There are many gifting options available. We encourage you to seek financial advice from your financial advisor.
Join us and begin leaving your legacy today for generations of Corvallis students tomorrow.
Please consult your financial advisor for specific advice about your financial decisions or estate planning.
The Corvallis Schools Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c)(3) organization. Tax exempt number 81-0516863